Checked Your Fire Alarms & Smoke Detectors Recently?
When was the last time you checked your fire alarms and smoke detectors? It is important to remember that these devices save lives. If your fire alarms and smoke detectors are properly maintained, they can play a crucial role in saving your life and your loved ones. Fire alarms and smoke detectors in pristine condition can alert you of an unexpected fire before it is too late!
- Creating a fire evacuation plan for your household.
- Keeping doors closed can help block smoke and fire from spreading quickly.
- Conducting monthly tests of your fire alarms and smoke alarms.
- If they are 10 years or older, replace them.
- Newer models have advanced features that can help save lives.
- Ensuring that your fire alarms are interconnected.
- When one alarm is set, they all should sound to alert you of potential danger.
- When an alarm is triggered, move quickly and safely outside your home.
- Treat every alarm seriously.
- Always call 9-1-1 immediately and stay outside in the event of a fire emergency.
In the event of an unfortunate fire disaster, call SERVPRO of Dyersburg/Union City. SERVPRO technicians specialize in fire clean-up, restoration, and construction. We won’t just restore your home, but we can also restore some of your salvageable items to their preloss condition. We will make your disaster “Like it never even happened,” so you and your family can regain a sense of normalcy after undergoing such a devastating loss.